Wednesday 17 September 2014

Vegetarian Quick & Easy - Under 15 Minutes




I was excited to read through some of the recipes as I always want to try to incorportate more vegetarian dishes into my household.  At first I was taken aback at how too easy and simple the recipes were, but then realized they were gret quick meal options! 

I was surprized at how many recipes were included in the book.  There were 100 recipes all organized and easy to follow.  This cook book has 3 different categories of recipes in it. Each section has breakfast, lunch, and dinner recipes. Some even have dessert recipes! The first set of recipies contains meals for the busy mom. These meals can are quick and easy to prepare that children will enjoy. Meals in this section include Cheesy Mushrooms, Caramel Apples, Creamy Corn Soup and lots more. The next section has meals that can be prepared for a romantic setting. In this section you will find meals like Spiced Sautéed Mushrooms, Nutella French Toast, Lemon Roasted Asparagus, and many delicious others. There is also a section meant just for kids. This section contains meals like Nutella Popsicles, Pizza Sandwiches, Dark Chocolate Clusters, and more. The next section has quick recipies for parties. Meals in this section include Tortilla Wheels, Mini Pita Pizzas, Spicy Cheese Fondue and more.  Most recipes had few ingrediants and I found that all ingrediants were things that I already had on hand or would be easy to find in the store!

Besides the recipes, there was a very nice introduction to what a vegetarian is and the benefits to being a vegetarian at the beginning of the book.

I love seeing pictures of each recipe before preparing so I was slightly disappointed that there were not pictures for each recipe.

I did try a few recipes right off and was happy with all of the results.  The recipes are super easy to follow. I tried Vanilla French Toast and loved the results.  The Creamy Corn Soup was easy to make and the results were great!  Everyone loved the recipe! The Warm Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich was a nice twist to an old favourite! 

There are also many recipes that I have bookmarked to make in the future: Basil Watermelon and Feta Bites (Yum!), Sticky Rice Balls, and Lentil and Cucumber Salad.  I plan to use these recipes a couple times a week to introduce more vegetarian and easy meals to my family!  I highly reccomend this book as a starter for families trying to eat more meatless or for already existing vegetarians looking for some easy but delicious meals!

Buy it on Amazon.com or Amazon.ca!

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment