Tuesday 2 September 2014

Organic Matcha- Green Tea Powder- REVIEW


I was quite excited to try this product!  I had read up on a lot of the benefits of Matcha tea and wanted to try a good source of it.  First of all, this isn't just green tea (although I love green tea too!) and it is more than simply ground up green tea leaves.  Matcha is derived from tea leaves grown in the shade so that the leaves achieve a dark green color, which gives matcha its magnificent amino acids. Because you are ingesting the entire leaf, it is so much more beneficial!  It contains a lot of the powerful antioxidant epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG has been proven effective in the fight against many forms of cancer, HIV, heart disease and a host of other illnesses and diseases.  It also works great as a pick me up, providing a lot of good energy!  It has also been known to help with fat burning, anxiety, and insomnia!

I was excited to read through the recipes and find some that I would like.  Because I own a carbinator, I immediately wanted to try the "Sparkling Matcha."  This was my first time trying Matcha, so I found that it had a small bitter flavour that I would have to get used to and just added an extra squit of lime juice!  I drank this in the evening and shortly before I did a home workout. I did find that I had a bit more energy toward the end of my workout- benefit of the Matcha? I hope so!





Next, I tried just tried the "Matcha Shots."  I made a few of these over the next few days and found that I preferred this method of consumption in the afternoon/evening before starting a workout routine! 

I also tried a "Minty Mojito Matcha" and loved it!  I was over the bitter flavour by now and found this recipe to be delicious!  I found that the key to using Matcha powder is to take the extra time to really mix the Matcha up.  The chalkiness in the powder completely disappears when throughouly mixed!

I can't wait to start using it more in my day to day life.  Hopefully I keep feeling the health benefits and the EGCG keeps me illness free!

Buy it here Amazon.com or here Amazon.ca

ac
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment