Monday 25 July 2011

So.... swim diapers??

So the other day I had a friend of mine ask about swim diapers.  I gave a quick explanation on what they were and I was countered with the question, "Do they absorb pee?"  Now I apologize to the friend who asked and I am only making light of the situation but, how the hell would that work? :)  How could you make a diaper that absorbs pee on the inside and not pool water on the outside?  That would be an interesting concoction!!
Now, this brings me to my next question, do people out there ACTUALLY think that those name brand disposable poop catchers (I mean swim diapers) absorb pee??  Um... theres no way they could.  You are paying a fortune for a poop catcher (which most times doesn't do anything and takes forever to decompose in a landfill!)
Swim diapers (cloth or disposies) DO NOT absorb pee!!  They are only there to catch the BM if need be.  Now, Jachob has been swimming since he was a few months old and I have only ever needed that "catcher" twice!  Can you imagine the money I would have wasted!! Sheesh.
Ok.... so....I have 2 types of swim diapers.  I have the kind that pull on and the kind with side snaps.  After having a BM incident in each I STRONGLY recommend the side snaps.  A wet swim diaper does not pull down easy if you have an incident.  NOT AT ALL!!
And now I will step off my soap box :)

No comments:

Post a Comment